About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at Roberts Wesleyan College. The creation of this blog is a requirement of MNE 605

Monday, January 7, 2013

TO NURSING EDUCATION STUDENTS

    NURSE EDUCATORS TOUCH EVERY STUDENT'S LIFE
How will you make a difference ?


                                        

With Each Encounter We Have the Ability to Inspire Others !!!






MNE 605




Dear Nursing Education Students,


     When I first started MNE 605 at Robert Wesleyan College, like most I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. In the back of my mind I kept thinking that I had personally completed MNE 525 which myself and others felt that there was absolutely no chance at all in being successful in let alone completing. Something inside kept telling me that if I can make it through the last class that this class with all of its untraveled technological waters, that I could do anything. I just once again had to get myself ready for the journey.


     For me personally this presented as quite the challenge. Having issues with Moodle midway during my last class I had already had anxiety that was on high alert. So, I decided to be proactive and get in to campus IT as much as possible and let as many people in the nursing department know what I had been experiencing and what is continuing to happen. I made numerous appointments with RWC IT staff to try and resolve the issues without any success.

     This brought me to the first week of new classes and we went through everything and determined that the version of   windows that I had been using was not compatible with the new version of Moodle now being utilized by the college. This was an easy fix. I left my computer with the IT Department borrowed another from the MNE Program and was able to make my first online class by a hair. I may not have had video, or the capability to respond other than through SKYPE text messaging but, finally I was on my may to an exciting educational journey. Within two days I received a call saying that my computer was ready for use.I was so happy to once again be equal to my peers. 

     After all of that I was ready for anything. My new mentality was if I can make it through all of that and still keep it together I can and will be successful at everything. I realized at that sometimes in life we have to go through some things in order to appreciate or value other things a little bit more. Each week from the first to the last week I was eager to see what new technological challenges would come to me via this course. I began to enjoy every aspect of every assignment. 

     Maybe just a little bit too much. I had some people asking me was I okay? I just had to respond that when you have been through what I have been through in such a short period of time in a program that is so demanding you evolve as a person to meet the needs of the program and welcome the professional growth. I will now have the ability to truly empathize with the student that I may have that everything may not go so smoothly for and completely understand the student perspective and be able to guide him/her in what I believe may be the best direction. I now possess the skills necessary to assist other students in the growing world of technology.  

     By no means am I here to tell you that I did not feel challenged our even want to pull my hair out. But I can honestly say that even with all of the personal things that I have happen in my life. I never thought about quitting or walking away from this program. I am here and my goal is to be successful and not settle for anything less no matter the amount of work or extra obstacle that I may have to overcome. Ultimately, I am a better person and nurse educator because of this course.

Sincerely,

Juanita Aikens BS, RN   





Faith

I can do all things through
Christ who
strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13 
                                                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment